Green Mop Ltd aims to fulfil its obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 to the fullest extent.
In order to operate efficiently, Green Mop Ltd has to collect and use information about people with whom it works. This may include members of the public, current, past and prospective employees, clients and customers and suppliers. This personal information must be handled and dealt with properly, however it is collected, recorded and used, and whether it be on paper, in computer records or recorded by any other means, and there are safeguards within the Act to ensure this.
Green Mop Ltd regards the lawful and correct treatment of personal information as very important to its successful operations and to maintaining confidence between the company and those with whom it carries out business.
We at Green Mop know how to take customer’s privacy seriously. Information about our customers is an important part of our business and it is necessary that we collect certain information. We are not in the business of selling customer information to others. We share information only as described below
Green Mop promise that we will:
- Value the personal information entrusted to us and make sure we respect that trust;
- Go further than just the letter of the law when it comes to handling personal information, and adopt good practice standards;
- Consider and address the privacy risks first when we are planning to use or hold personal information in new ways, such as when introducing new systems;
- Be open with individuals about how we use their information and who we give it to;
- Make it easy for individuals to access and correct their personal information;
- Keep personal information to the minimum necessary and delete it when we no longer need it;
- Have effective safeguards in place to make sure personal information is kept securely and does not fall into the wrong hands;
- Provide training to staff that handle personal information and treat it as a disciplinary matter if they misuse or don’t look after personal information properly;
- Put appropriate financial and human resources into looking after personal information to make sure we can live up to our promises;
- Regularly check that we are living up to our promises and report on how we are doing.